Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vegas Vacation

Paul and I left Jack at my parents house and went with Nate and Tanya on a weekend getaway to Las Vegas. I flew out Thursday and enjoyed some time to myself. Friday morning I enjoyed a relaxing morning in bed reading until about 1, when the other three arrived from Rockford. Nate and I had never been before and Nate came armed with an impressive to do list. We started right away with our first visit to the strip, free poker lessons, and a delicious meal of steak and crab legs. Saturday we were out from 7:30 until almost midnight. We saw Hoover Dam, ate lunch in Boulder City, visited Red Rock Canyon and spent the evening at the north end of the strip seeing hotels and watching the Bellagio fountain shows. Sunday the guys played a little poker while Tanya and I enjoyed the swimming pool. Then we met up to see the rest of the hotels. We ended up watching a new tv show and giving our opinions...apparantly none of us enjoy dogs enough to watch an hour long show about rescuing them from pounds. We really aren't cold hearted, it was just super boring. But we got paid for doing it, so that helped. Sunday evening we watched Mystere, one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. It was awesome, but I still don't know what it was about.
I haven't had a chance to get through pictures yet, but you can be sure some will be posted soon on Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com