Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bad Mom Day

So is a blog supposed to be all fun, good and happy things or can I throw in a few frustrated posts along the way? I'll try one out, you let me know if it's a bad idea.

Seems to me that going on a little getaway for a long weekend should be good for my mothering. But apparantly it doesn't matter how long I've been away, one not so great day and I'm ready to ship him back to grandma's. How can I forget so quickly how much I missed him? Only a few days ago I struggled to not speed home in my excitement to see him, why now am I ready to speed away for a little alone time? And where does all the rest, energy and patience go that I thought I built up while I was gone? A few thrown toys, more screaming than I prefer, and one nap refusal later and I feel like all the good vacation did for me is gone already. And here I hoped it would last at least a week. At least it was good for my marriage.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep your posts coming! And we're sure your son's an angel compared to our youngest nephew. I swear, that child's the best form of birth control God put on the Green earth. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should focus on how good your vacation was for your marriage and for you... While I'm not a parent, I'm pretty sure it's normal to get frustrated with screaming, thrown toys, and no daily alone time.

    And your blog is what you make it. Write your heart out! :)

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com