Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Painted Swimmer

I'm happy to report that yesterday was a much better day! Unfortunately, our computer is having some major issues and we can't get online right now. I think it probably has a virus and I'm not sure when it will get fixed. So for now I have Paul's computer, but he leaves Monday for two weeks so hopefully we get it figured out soon! 
Yesterday Jack started swimming lessons at the Y again. He took them in the spring and enjoyed them so we're back. I moved him up to the next age group even though he's not really old enough. In this class they get to wear swim belts to help them gain a little independence. The belt barely gets small enough to stay around him and if he lifts his arms up I get a little nervous he'll fall right through. Other than that he seems to love the older class. He doesn't mind wearing the belt and he even "floated" on his back for a minute (with my help) which he's never done before. I was so proud of him! We're in class with Chanda and Elena which is fun too. In the afternoon I set up a little art studio for Jack on the deck. I covered the deck with tarps and plastic and put out paper and finger paints. I was really excited about it, but I wasn't sure if Jack would be. Here's a picture before we started.

At first he didn't seem to like the weird slimy stuff on his hands, but I showed him what to do and he started getting into it. He walked on the paper after he painted and didn't seem to like the slime on his foot, but once again he sorta got over it. Of course he went to parts of the deck I  hadn't covered and I had to run and get more plastic from the garage. Then I showed him the paintbrush which he liked but instead of painting the paper he painted my right thigh. Then he ran around to my other side and painted my left thigh. All in all I'd call the experience a success. Although we did have to end earlier than I'd wanted because he stuck his very painted hand in his mouth and got very upset. That's why he's upset in the picture.
The Finished Product

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! What a masterpiece! He is just too cute! You're such a good mom! I didn't realize he was taking swim lessons... tell him to stop growing up!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com