Monday, September 28, 2009

Little Architect

Jack built his first true tower today! I am so excited. I have been trying to get him to figure out blocks for a while now, and while I knew he had the ability to place one block on top of another, he was always much more interested in knocking towers down than building them up. But today, for the first time I'm aware of, he actually made a tower of more than two blocks. It stood for about 2 seconds before Jack "The Wrecking Ball" knocked it over, but he did it! And then he did it again and again. You could totally tell that he was putting thought into it too, at least sometimes. I get so proud when he does new things. I think it'll be a lot of fun to see him explore his newfound architectural skills.

Building.


Destroying.


Also, Jack is 18 months old today! (Have you noticed I like exlamation points? I don't always know how else to express my excitement.) I'm not sure what all 18 months means, but I have a feeling the next 6 months will be full of lots of learning. I think I've heard that between 18 and 24 months kids tend to do a lot of changing. So I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 18 Months, Jack! And, nice job with the building blocks!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com