Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Past Week

Well our first week of one nap days is over and we survived. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for Jack to get used to this. We had our fair share of sleep related meltdowns and a couple of spontaneous naps while out and about. One day I even spent driving around trying to get him to take the longest nap possible, since he fell asleep early while we were shopping. But overall I'd say we did alright.
In other news this week. Tuesday we had a small group social which was a lot of fun, but really caotic. We had 6 couples there which is the most we've ever had, one of whom we'd never met before. We played a version of the newlywed game and had a lot of good laughs. Thursday I had my first actual small group for my new class, Wife of Noble Character. I think that it will be good, but most likely it will be very convicting which means I have a lot of work ahead of me in the next year. Lord knows I need improvement in wifeliness.  Friday we had swim lessons and Jack continued to do great. His back floating still cracks me up and makes me proud. He always starts off with his feet sticking straight up. But he let his ears get in the water, which is the main goal, and eventually relaxed his legs and looked around with an amusing expression on this face. Friday night Megan and Brad came to visit. Megan was playing viola in a wedding up this way, so they decided to spend the evening and Saturday with us. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them. We introduced them to Settlers of Catan and went down to Frontera Grill with them for lunch today. The chef/owner is Rick Bayless, the winner of last season "Top Chef". I'm not really a huge Mexican fan, but the food was really good and it was a fun little dining experience and of course great time with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com