Monday, September 21, 2009

Pumpkin Fest Weekend

I'm back home now and trying to catch up with my blogging. We had a very fun filled weekend and I feel like there is so much to share. Now let's just see if I remember everything. We went to the Pumpkin Festival three days in a row, which was so much fun. Paul got home from his two week trip Friday evening and joined us. Jack was so excited to see his daddy, and I was so excited to have my husband back again. Jack got to ride rides with his cousin Kyle on Thursday night and his cousin Hailey and Aunt Megan on Friday night. He rode the spinning pumpkins, the carousel, the motorcycles, the big slide, the train and his favorite the cars. The first night he was very unsure about it all. He was very serious on the rides and had a few moments of nervousness and also some tears at times. But he persevered and only had to be taken off of one ride, of which he turned around and got right back on. Friday night was better. I think he was more used to the idea of it all and he actual smiled and laughed on the rides. Friday night he ended up riding the cars three times and would cry every time the ride stopped. He was adorably cute and fun to watch. We ate dinner at the P-Fest two night and this too Jack really enjoyed. Perhaps I should have live music every night for dinner. He sat in his chair and danced along while he ate. At the end of every song, without fail, he would set everything down and clap enthusastically. He is a big supporter of musicians. The parade on Saturday was a lot of fun. Jack and Hailey had little candy bags that Nicole made for them. Jack liked to shake his to hear all the candy and then he'd stick his head in and grab a few pieces, hold them a minute and put them back in. He of course enjoyed the tractors and the sucker we let him eat. Saturday afternoon we drove over to Bloomington for a wedding. An old friend of mine from preschool/gradeschool got married and my whole family was invited. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding and it was nice to see a few old friends. Jack and Hailey had a blast dancing at the reception. At one point they even danced together, which was seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen. I'm sure there are so many more things I could tell you about our weekend but then this post would go on for pages. One thing I can tell you though, I love seeing Jack play with his cousins, it makes my heart happy.
Here is a slideshow of pictures from the Pumpkin Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com