Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Tractor, A Tri, and A Party

We had quite an enjoyable weekend. It was busy and yet not. Friday I took the boys over to the Roth farm for a promised ride on a farm tractor. He watches a farm tractor movie and really wanted to try riding on one. The Roth's were kind enough to let us invite ourselves over and take Jack for a spin. He loved it, of course. After the drive up and down the road Jack spent the next 30+ minutes climbing up and down the ladder, running around the tractor checking out all its part, sitting in the tractor checking out all its parts and playing with Mikayla. It was a good morning spent with good friends and Jack is thrilled to have been invited back in the fall to ride a combine. 



Friday evening our friends the Lyons came for a visit from Palatine. We had a fun evening of hanging out with both the Lyons and the Roths. It was wonderful to have an evening with these friends whom we miss so much. Saturday morning there was a triathlon in Morton. Nate, Tanya and Chanda all participated. They did a great job and nearly inspired me to do one. However, I can't swim and I hate running. Plus I'm totally out of shape. Perhaps it's something to work for, or perhaps I'll just cheer others on. 



After our guests headed home Saturday afternoon, I packed up the twins and drove down to St. Louis for a few hours. My friend Schaeffer Bell just graduated from high school and I wanted to join in his celebration at his graduation party. It was a long afternoon of driving through storms, putting up with crying, clinging babies and drowning away a splitting headache with a mocha frappe. However, I'm so glad I was able to make the quick trip to congratulate Schaeffer. I've known him for nearly 10 years and can hardly believe he'll be going off to college in the fall. It's so strange to realize that he is now the same age I was when I met him. How did 10 years go by so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com