Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Pictures-Week 43

Schaeffer has almost transitioned from army crawling to normal crawling. We discovered maybe a month ago at my parents that he did not like crawling on a cold floor without a shirt on. If he was naked and on tile he would crawl normally. So we knew he could do it, he just didn't find it to be a superior method to army crawling. Then the other week when I let them crawl around on the concrete I noticed the he was crawling normally again. This week he has even been crawling normally in the house on floors he previously army crawled all over. He hasn't abandoned army crawling all together yet, but I think he is toying with the idea. Frequently when Paul or I see him army crawling and tell him to crawl the right way he converts. No idea if he understands or if it's coincidence. 
Neither of the boys is clapping or really waving much either, though I do feel as though they are doing more with their hands and learning that they can control them more. 
Schaeffer's allergies have yet to resurface despite the numerous foods he eats that contain wheat. Since I believe that eggs are the real problem, I have been keeping those away. Today I gave them their first servings of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Thankfully, Schaeffer has had no noticeable reaction to it even though it does contain wheat. As you can see from their pictures, they really enjoyed their cheesy lunch.



Playing together. I've been wondering a lot this week about what life would be like if we only had one 9 month old, instead of two. While in some respects it would be easier, I've thought of one thing that might be harder. A singleton does not have a built in playmate. Schaeffer and Logan "play" together. I've just noticed how even when they are free to roam around the house and play with anything they want to, often they are right near each other playing. I wouldn't say they are playing together, but it's like they are keeping each other company. I can just sit on the couch or in the rocking chair and they'll play quit contentedly for a lengthy period of time without needing me (especially if Jack isn't around). They do frequently take toys out of each others hands (without asking!) and small baby battles ensue. But for now, they seem to settle their differences without much interference.  (Wouldn't it be nice if it stayed that way.) I don't know if a singleton would do this. I don't remember Jack playing very much without needing me right by his side. 

Enjoying the new swing set today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com