Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sweetness of Spring

Years ago when I was in high school and my driver's license was still fresh in my wallet I spent many summer evenings sitting outside enjoying beautiful weather and good friendships. Tonight took me back to that time. With the high temperatures of the day I spent the kids nap time setting up the sprinkler and splash pool and texting neighbors to see if anyone could come play later. To my delight, some friends were free and we had ourselves an impromptu water and dinner party. Haley and Jack LOVED the little pool and sprinkler. They didn't mind the cold temperature of the water and had so much fun running around and splashing. Schaeffer spent much of the late afternoon splashing at the water table. He didn't mind getting splashed occasionally by the bigger kids. Logan was not a fan of the cold water or of being splashed. He split his time between sitting in my lap and playing at the water table. After our dinner break more neighbors (the Rocke's) came to play. While the kids played the adults sat and watched and chatted and took pictures and ate cookies. Perhaps it sounds like we didn't do much this afternoon/evening. Perhaps it sounds a little mundane. But I loved every minute of it. I hope this was a sign of fun times to come this summer, kids playing and old friends reconnecting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com