Sunday, May 15, 2011

Date Day

Oh happy day! After much preparation and anticipation Paul and I enjoyed a lovely date today. I've been wanting a pantry cabinet for our kitchen so I could stop storing food in our hall closet with the cleaning supplies. I knew of something called the 3rd Sunday Market which I'd always wanted to go visit. It's a big sale in Bloomington. Very flea marketish with lots of odds and ends and antiques and crafts and such. I had in mind that we could find a cool cabinet to bring a little character and storage to our kitchen. I booked all the grandparents for kid duty, my parents took the twins and Paul's parents took Jack. And we took a lot of measurements so we would be prepared and not buy something a box of Cheerio's wouldn't fit in. Turns out we found a great cabinet within the first 10 minutes or so. It was so fun to go out together and do something a little different.
Our new cabinet. Sporting a unique look for a pantry with glass doors. For now it works, we might leave it or we might do something to frost the glass. We'll see. I really like that the cabinet is new construction and very solid but it is made out of reclaimed, old wood. 

4 comments:

  1. wow, that cabinet is beautiful!! they sell window frosting spray paint- I was so excited to find that for our clear bathroom window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it....very nice piece if of furniture and great to have a date. the little ones in front of it are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cabinet! A tiny bit jealous...and I want to go to the 3rd Sunday Market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should come home and go to it next time. i want to go back. it's not really an ideal place to take kids though. but it would be possible. mom has said something about maybe wanting to go too.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com