Friday, April 15, 2011

Windy Outside, Fun Inside

After spending time outside every day this week we woke up this morning to high winds and the potential for rain. We have a field directly behind us and only one tree, so the high winds coming in from the east have nothing to slow them down before nailing our house. When I came downstairs this morning and looked out the window I saw that our patio table, umbrella and chairs were all blown over and the cover to the grill had been blown off. Thankfully, I found everything and got it in the garage except the table and umbrella which I couldn't move with the wind blowing so hard. Since we couldn't play outside after lunch (for fear of my children blowing away) we went downstairs to play in the basement. What a great day for a basement. Jack was able to ride his tricycle down there and practice his pedaling. At his 3 year checkup a week and a half ago they asked if he could pedal a bike/trike. Apparently, 3 year olds should be able to do this. I laughed and asked if they noticed how short he was. His little legs can hardly reach to pedal a trike. They chuckled and didn't say anything more. Of course then I became unnecessarily concerned about his lack of pedaling ability and started asking him to try whenever he was on his trike. Initially I was met with resistance. Who wants to awkwardly pedal when they are super fast at running on the trike? But finally he decided to try, I think thanks in part to watching Kyle and his friend Haley pedal on their bikes/trikes. He had shown a few signs of figuring it out this week but today I would say is officially the day he learned to pedal! I am so excited for him and proud of him for learning something new that at first seemed so difficult to him. He didn't give up! And while he was riding his trike around he said to me, "Daddy will be impressed that I can pedal". So cute, and so right. I know Paul will be impressed with his skills. Way to go buddy!

1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com