Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beautiful Day

This was a beautiful day. It was also our first Saturday at the new house with nothing going on, our first normal weekend. Jack got to spend much of the day outside which was great. We played golf this morning in the backyard and of course hit a ball into each of our neighbor's yards. Paul worked a little on unpacking in the garage. I got a shower! My mom came over for a bit and then we ate lunch with my mom and dad at Judy's (yum!). I popped in at my in-laws ever so quickly to pick up a large stack of Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons and then I ran a few errands in Peoria. Paul successfully mowed the lawn with his new electric mower. We met one neighbor whose name is Debbie and I'm going to try my hardest not to forget that. And we capped off our day with a bike ride to Dairy Queen. Now my butt is sore cause I don't think I've ridden a bike in a year or more. Yowsa! The bike things was an adventure. Paul got all the bikes ready and set up my new bike trailer. After a practice ride pulling the trailer we put the twins in and headed for DQ. Well, Schaeffer hated it. Didn't help that the sun was in his eyes, he was dressed too warmly and we had paid no attention to the time and tried doing this right at their usual eating time. Also doesn't help that he's just been pretty clingy lately. So after riding partway there with Schaeffer screaming we turned around and came home to feed the boys. Then we tried again. Once again Schaeffer screamed as soon as we put him in the trailer. Finally, we convinced Jack to ride in the trailer so that Schaeffer could ride in the bike seat with Paul. Thankfully, that worked well for Schaeffer and Jack and Logan had a great time bumping along and laughing together. It was cute and I was so proud of Jack for sharing his favorite bike seat with his brother. We made it to Dairy Queen and Schaeffer managed to ride home in the trailer without much of a fuss. I'm hoping he'll grow to enjoy the ride because I thought it was a good workout and fun family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com