Thursday, December 30, 2010

St. Louis for the Day

Yesterday we spent the day in St. Louis. I haven't been down there since last March and I had really been wanting to have the Bells meet the babies. Plus a good college friend, Melissa, was in town from New Jersey. Since we hadn't seen her since the spring of 2009 I thought it was a great time to make a day trip. I got to use one of my Christmas presents (DVD players for the car). I was super excited about that. Jack loved watching movies and I loved the peace and quite. Whoever thinks DVD players in the car are for kids is wrong, they are so for the parents. Once we got to the Bell's house Melissa, Graham and Angela came over for a visit. It really seemed so much like old times having all of us together, except for all the extra people now. It was so fun to get to introduce my youngest boys to my college friends and to catch up at least a little with one another. College really seems so far away now. And Natalie and Schaeffer have grown up so much. It's hard to believe that Schaeffer will be graduating high school this spring and Natalie will be getting her drivers license this summer. The were just little kids when I first met them. Natalie used to ride around on my shoulders. Hopefully, now that we are a little closer to St. Louis we can visit them more often. Jack had a blast playing all day and being quite the funny man. He loved having an audience and he loved chasing the dog and cat around...they however, were not so fond of him. He had way too much energy and crowded their space way too much. I'm sure both animals breathed a huge sigh of relief when Jack left! Here are a few pictures, though Melissa has more I'll have to get from her. And I don't have a picture of Ami trying to feed Logan his cereal. I wish I would have thought to take one because that was quite the sight.

The two Schaeffers. Our Schaeffer got his name from this Schaeffer.

The two Schaeffers and the two Natalies. It wasn't confusing at all :-)
Jack with super cool monster trucks and an awesome train watch.


1 comment:

  1. SO good to see you, the boys, Angela, and the Bells! I'll get you pictures asap!

    Happy New Year! Wishing you the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com