Thursday, June 28, 2012

T-ball/Soccer Season

This is Jack's second year of the t-ball/soccer program and I find it to be so much more enjoyable. We had a good time last year for sure, but the 3 year olds do drills and stations and only play games at the end of the program. The 4 year olds warm up and then play a game every session. When I ask Jack if he likes soccer or t-ball better he says he likes both. I'm glad he likes them both but personally the soccer is way more fun to watch. I really get into it and have to remind myself to quite down every now and again. I'm sure the coaches don't need this loud mouth trying to do their job from the sideline. I'm always yelling at Jack to be ready, run his fastest, pay attention and of course lots of cheering. One soccer game he really struggled to pay attention and he didn't score a goal. He was pretty bummed about it. The next soccer game I told him if he just ran his fastest and paid attention he might score. He scored 3 goals and was thrilled. T-ball might be more boring from my point of view but it does have its very entertaining moments. Like how Jack gets passed on the bases weekly because he doesn't quite understand what he supposed to be doing or because he's so concerned with the hugeness of his helmet. Clearly his skills have a ways to go and that't not really the entire point of this program in my mind anyway. He is learning how to focus and listen to a coach and try new things. He's exerting energy and meeting new people and on the side he's starting to learn the very basics of t-ball and soccer. Possibly one of my favorite things is when he does something he things was good and searches me out so we can share a thumbs up.



What kid doesn't want to jump on home plate?




1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com