Monday, June 18, 2012

A Few Excursions

This post takes us back to the beginning of May. After making several failed attempts to find a friend to go with us we ended up going to Lakeview Museum by ourselves. Turns out we had a lot of fun and I decided that perhaps it would be good to so something new and fun by ourselves every once in a while. Having friends and being social is great but perhaps I need to teach my kids that just our family can be fun and great too. So one week we went to the museum and the next week we tried out a new to us park in Peoria.

I wasn't sure what to expect at Lakeview Museum. But the kids had a blast and the smallness of it worked perfectly for keeping an eye on everyone. 

This was perhaps the highlight, rolling marbles down this funnel. I think the museum volunteers were annoyed with us because they had marbles rolling all over the floor, apparently they were hard to hold on to.

There was a dinosaur exhibit but we didn't get to see much because a) there were lots of older students there on a field trip and b) I don't think my kids cared that much.

The dress up like a dinosaur area. This was really cute and all the boys played with dino tails tied to their waists for a while.

The following week we went to Glen Oak Park by the zoo. I always thought this place looked fun and it is. It is also very hard to take three small boys there by myself. I was on edge the whole time thinking surely I was going to lose someone in the depths of this monstrous wooden structure. The boys absolutely loved it though. Lots of climbing and a fireman pole they all liked to slide down (twins with help) and a big sand area I was kind enough to let them play in for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com