Saturday, June 16, 2012

I'm Shrinking

...at least a little. Weight loss sucks. Today was an excellent example of that. All day long I just kept thinking how nice it would be to sit down to a delicious meal and for once not pay attention to how much I was eating. Just sit and enjoy. But these days I eat very little without paying close attention. Now I track nearly every calorie that enters my body. Sometimes it can be a real pain, other times I'm tempted to cheat and surprisingly there are more and more days where it's not so bad. But I enjoy food. I enjoy the act of eating and on the days where I just can't shake the urge to eat, it's tough to remind myself that I've worked hard to get where I am and giving into my unhealthy urges will in the end leave me feeling frustrated. Today I gave in and I ate too much pizza, but the good news is I don't have to give in tomorrow and I'm getting a lot better at telling myself no. Since I started my personal campaign to lose weight on April 1st, I have lost over 20 pounds and I'm slowly learning how to make healthier choices about the food I eat. I'm over half way to my goal and it's thrilling to see the numbers dropping. I'm also excited because I'm not alone in this battle.  Both of my sisters started tracking calories shortly after me and between my sisters and my mom we have lost over 50 pounds in the last few months.  I like to think I can take credit for my family members joining in, but really I know it had to be their choice. I'm so proud of us! We just have to keep going strong and not get discouraged when the pizza gets the best of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com