Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zoo Fun

We finally made it to the Peoria Zoo. I mentioned to Brittany that I wanted to go and just like that we made plans for this week! It turned out to be a gorgeous day for it. Silas and Jack had so much fun together and from the moment we got there until they end they were running around acting like little monkeys. Their personalities couldn't be more different, but they get along great and have a lot of fun together. We covered the entire zoo and enjoyed a picnic lunch in the shade. All the babies did great though I'm not certain how many animals any of them actual saw. I still maintain that while camouflage is great in the wild it makes animal viewing very difficult for little ones. :-) Perhaps all zoo animals should have a bright dot painted on them. Our fun time was capped off with my van being dead thanks to a certain 3 year old leaving something on when he was pretend driving while I sun screened babies. Thankfully, Brittany just had a refresher course in van jumping last week thanks to a certain 2 year old who left a light on in their van. She had the jumper cables in her front seat still and between her, her mother-in-law and myself we got my van running lickety split while the park police officer sat in his car and watched us. So the zoo was great and I loved that we could go in the morning, see everything and be home in time for afternoon naps. Sometimes smaller is better.
The tiger was up and roaming while we were there and walked right by us a few times. It was very cool for the kids to see him so close.

Giving me their biggest roars.

Our crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com