Thursday, June 9, 2011

Farm Park

Yesterday I made a last minute decision to take the kids to the local farm park. It was around 94 degrees out but for some reason I thought it was a good idea. I think I had just enjoyed our time out the day before so much I wanted to get out of the house and have some more fun. Well, it was blazing hot and we all were red cheeked and sweaty within minutes of exiting the van, but we had a good time. Jack was super excited to see a cow for some reason. So excited that he dumped his entire cone of animal feed in the cow's pen even though the cow wanted nothing to do with us. So much for actually feeding animals. Oh well. We did manage to give our cone to a horse who was very appreciative. Jack said his favorite animals were the cow and the pig. He loved telling me what all the animals said and reminding me that he did not oink or moo or cockadoodledoo, rather he talks. The babies seemed to enjoy themselves as well. They rode in their wagon and played with their toys and I'm sure viewed an animal or two. They had no complaints and even sat patiently while Jack and I enjoyed some ice cream under a shade tree.

The barn slide which Jack enjoyed several times.

Milking a pretend cow.

Sweaty but happy.

Checking out the big turkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com