Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baking with the Boys

Silas was here for a while today and requested to bake the cookies he and Jack refused to help me with the last time he was here. So why not. They had a blast and I had a good exercise in controlling my anal tendencies. I had to retrieve egg shells, repeatedly tell them not to spit or cough on the cookie dough, remind them to keep the flour in the bowl and scoop up flour off the counter and chairs numerous times. Jack was constantly asking for a lick and I caught him tongue out, diving into the bowl a few times (he was stopped prior to actually licking). In keeping with Vest family tradition, once the dough was done and scooped onto the trays I offered the boys a lick of dough. Jack kept asking for more and Silas wouldn't even try it. Of course once the cookies were done Silas devoured his and asked for more while Jack took two nibbles and said it was good but let me finish his cookie. Funny boys.

Stir it.

Mix it.

Scoop it.

Bake it.

Eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com