Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First Pool Visit of the Summer

Yesterday was hot. Which made our plans to go to the pool that much more appealing. I had decided to take the kids to Toddler Time with Brittany and her kids. She arranged three helpers to go with us to help with the six kids. The pool was crazy busy but it didn't phase Jack in the least. As soon as we were in he was splashing and exploring and sliding. He had so much fun. If you ask him what he did at the pool he'll tell you he got in the water and got wet. Pretty accurate description I suppose, just minus a few actual details. I figured Jack would probably enjoy it and be fairly independent. I wasn't sure how the babies would do. Logan held tight to me like a monkey at first. Thankfully, Schaeffer was ok sitting with one of the girls we brought along. After a while of just sitting and taking it all in, both babies got a little adventurous and began crawling around and splashing. Logan even clapped for the first time. They were smiley and happy pretty much the whole time we were there. I wasn't sure what to expect for our first trip to the pool but this definitely exceeded my expectations. I know it would have been much different had we not had extra hands to help when kids needed it, keep an eye on Jack and change diapers and clothes when it was time to go. It was pretty much a stress free adventure which doesn't happen often. So I guess I just need to get over my ridiculous fears of finding helpers for the summer and just do it. If you're wondering what fears I have, I'm not really sure. Just nervous about calling up someone I don't really know and asking them to help me out. I don't really enjoy initiating meeting new people, I don't know what to talk about with a jr. high or high schooler. What if they don't like me? What if it's really awkward? Like I said, ridiculous. I would think an 14 year old would be more nervous to talk to a 28 year old rather than the other way around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com