Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two Feathered Friend

For a while now I've been thinking that I need to do more structured activities with Jack. So I've been gathering supplies and ideas to begin doing crafts. I even started a new blog as a place to store any good idea I come across. That way I'll have a collection to "flip" through whenever I need a good idea. When Amanda said she and the kids were coming up for the day I thought it would be a great time to do our first craft. We made ourselves come very cute turkeys. I had such a hard time letting the kids to the work! I kept wanting to step in and help Jack so that it would turn out cute. My perfectionist tendencies really have to be kept in check with kids crafts and it is hard! I tried to let Jack make his own feathers but his disinterest was frustrating so I helped a little. And while I wanted to make some extra feathers to "fill in" his nearly featherless bird, I refrained. (I know I could have made some really spectacular feathers.) It was also difficult to hand over the blue crayon when he was supposed to be coloring the turkey brown. I suppose he was just being creative. Overall the kids did a great job and the turkeys look super cute. Jack enjoyed the gluing part of the craft and the coloring. When I told them I wanted to take their picture they were more than willing to show off their handiwork for the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com