Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Crafty Thanksgiving

I'm a little behind on my postings! We've had a busy Thanksgiving season full of crafts and family and shopping. Jack and I have been doing a lot of crafts lately, some to make cute things and others just to practice different skills like cutting and gluing. Jack loves to cut strips of paper into smaller pieces and I finally figured out how to use all those scraps. I let him practicing gluing for the first time and he did a great job gluing his scraps onto a paper plate in an abstract design. We also had a craft night with Kyle and Nicole. The boys helped make a centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table and place cards too. I made the yarn ball turkey with hopes that perhaps it could be used year after year. Then the boys decorated feathers for the turkey and told us what they were thankful for. My favorite when Kyle blurted out that he was thankful for roller coasters. The boys loved using the glitter paint I had found. They also helped make the pilgrim hats that we used for place cards. I put glue on a paper plate and they dipped their cup into the glue then put it on a paper circle. They thought that was a lot of fun too. They did a really good job with the crafts. Now I'll have to figure out something fun to do for Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com