Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Here are a few pictures from our very busy Thanksgiving day. We fit three families into one day. It was very busy and tiring, but it was good. Normally we would only do one or two families but I had some family from Colorado that wanted to meet the twins. So we started off our day hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Friend at their house. Sadly, Kyle couldn't make it since he was recovering from a double ear infection, strep throat and scarlet fever. Yuck! Jack was disappointed, but he still had a good time. After lunch we packed up and drove to Roberts to see my mom's side of the family. Then in the late afternoon we packed up again and drove to Champaign to see my dad's side of the family. My dad rented a wheel chair accessible van so that my grandma could join us this year. It was the first time that all the grandkids and great grandkids were together. So that was a lot of fun and enjoyable for my grandma. We did our best to get a few good pictures, but you know how it is with little ones. After hanging out for a while we packed up again and drove back to Morton. Once we unloaded kids and got them into bed, Megan and I got back in the car and picked up my mother-in-law to go shopping at Babies R Us. That didn't really pan out as expected though. I figured they would be busy, but I had no idea we wouldn't be able to get in! We stood in an incredibly long line, in the very cold outdoors for around 30 minutes before we reassessed the situation and determined it would be another hour before we could get in the store. We didn't that was worth it so we got back in the car, picked up some hot chocolate and headed home. It was sooo cold, and we were not prepared. I borrowed mittens from the lady ahead of us in line. Megan put Paul's rain coat over her dress coat she had on. I wrapped a sheet around my head and upper body. That's all was could find in the car, it was lovely. Megan said she wanted an adventure and I think we had one.


The twins with Papa.

Kaia loves babies. She was so thrilled I let her hold Logan.

All the great grandkids on the Vest side. Kaden, Dawson, Micah, Logan, Hailey, George, Jack and Schaeffer.

All the great grandkids with their great grandma.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com