Monday, May 31, 2010

Our Toddler Free Weekend

Here it is Monday night and I should be going to bed but I don't really want to put in the effort to get off the couch and climb the stairs! So I'm blogging in an effort to delay the inevitable. I can hardly believe we've gone four days without Jack. Honestly, it has been wonderful. Even though we did a lot, it was so relaxing to not have a toddler to care for for a few days. Paul was a rock star and got a ton done around the house. He put up two new doors, casing and a little bit of base board. Almost all of which he had to paint first. Our guests will be happy to know that you can no longer see into the bathrooms from the hallways due to missing casing. However, with the new doors came new door knobs which Jack can open, he couldn't open the others. So I'm not sure there's really any more privacy. Paul also did some caulking and helped me clean and reorganize some stuff in the living room and made a lot of trips up and down the stairs carrying things for me. He put stuff in the attic and the crawl space for me too! He also vacuumed upstairs and helped keep up with the dishes. I could keep going. It was really quite nice to have all the help, though I did feel pretty helpless a lot of the time and wish I could have done more. We also made it a point to relax and take it easy; enjoyed two Blackhawk wins and went to see Iron Man 2 this morning. So we missed Jack and are excited for him to come home, but we enjoyed our long weekend without him. I know he will be excited to see us and tell us all about the fun he had at Grandma and Papa's house. Mom said he has done a lot of tractor riding, which is one of his favorite activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com