Monday, May 17, 2010

The Choo Choo

I'll do my best to write this post, but all of my information is coming second hand from Paul and Jack. They had a fun day together on Saturday while I went to Amanda's for a jewelry party. Which by the way, now I'm having a jewelry party June 12. Anyway, Jack has been asking to ride a choo choo for a while and Paul and I decided we would take him sometime this summer. I also had been told by a friend about The Choo-Choo, a restaurant in Des Plaines which is only a block from the train station. So I suggested to Paul that perhaps Jack would really enjoy a father son train outing. Turns out, he more than enjoyed it. He had a blast and was telling me about it again just this morning. They took the train from Palatine to Des Plaines, which is about a 20 minute ride. Then ate at The Choo-Choo where they sat like big boys at the bar and had their food delivered on the toy train that runs around the restaurant. Jack thought that was very cool. Then they rode the train back to Palatine. I guess Paul was explaining to Jack while they waited at the train stop that he couldn't cross the yellow line or the train would conk him in the head. While they were on the train somehow Jack bumped his head on the window and told Paul that the train conked him on the head. So perhaps he's slightly confused. He was also concerned that the train did not have eyes like Thomas and while riding he kept saying the train was going to fall over. We think this is due to some of his videos where trains fall off the track, his favorite parts of the videos. Here is my best written version of Jack's explanation of the day. "Ride choo choo. bing bing. choo choo bring food. ride thomas no eyes." It's hard to capture his exact wording and excitement. And the bing bing, which is something new as of Saturday is because the train has a bell that they ring and the arms at railroad crossings also ding when they go down. 




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com