Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sewing Adventure

I was in the mood to get things checked off my list this past weekend so that meant doing some things that I had been avoiding for quite a while. One of them was a sewing project. Jack got a play kitchen for Christmas and I thought it would be cute if he had a little apron to go with it and to wear when he helps me in the kitchen. So over Christmas while Janet and I were out shopping she got me the materials to make an apron after I assured her that I would actually make it. Yikes! What was I thinking? I made the apron this weekend and I think it turned out cute, but I did not follow the pattern very well. In fact I blatantly disregarded it for the second half because I couldn't make any sense of it. And I'm not sure if it will even fit Jack. But it's done! I thought a pattern would make it easier but maybe that's only true if you know how to read them. I haven't read a sewing pattern since 7th or 8th grade. After this experience I think it would save me a lot of headache to not attempt making future costumes for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com