Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Patch #1

So I'm a little behind on blogging again, but I promise I haven't abondoned you. This past Sunday we went to McHenry to a pumpkin patch with the Lyons family. I had a lot of hopes that this would be an awesome time full of fun and excitement and that Jack would love ever minute of it. I'm not sure why I momentarily forgot reality, but I did. So it was fun, but it wasn't all I hoped it would be. I underdressed Jack for the ride to the patch, for some reason I didn't consider the wind or clouds. So Jack was very cold and because of that didn't want to leave Paul's arms. After we got pumpkins and ate lunch we had grand plans to let the kids play. The farm had a small petting zoo, some inflatable bounce houses and slides, ponies to ride and stuff like that. The first thing we did was let them play in the corn boxes. Which apparantly they loved and didn't really need anything else. When we took Jack out of the corn he flipped and had a complete melt down. So we took him far away to look at tractors. He was interested but cried every time we tried to get him to sit on one. I guess he was more interested in admiring from a distance. Finally we got him on the barrell ride and he did love that but hated that he had to wait in line to go on it a second time. He kept trying to chase it down. Thankfully there was some country music being played over speakers and that was enough to distract Jack and get him dancing. So it was a good time and it was fun to spend time with friends and get to do stuff with Paul too, but we did have our moments. I learned that pushing naptime results in a super crabby Jack and I learned that I need to have more realistic expectations. Both of these things I have learned before but for some reason forgot this particular weekend. Below is a slideshow of our adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com