Thursday, October 8, 2009

2 Major Explosions: Proceed with Caution

I'm not sure why I haven't posted much this week, possibly because we haven't done much. It's been a pretty low key week, Jack seems to be a little off for some reason so we've been kickin' it at home a lot. Tanya and I made curtains yesterday for her nursery. You won't be surprised to hear that what seemed like a simple project turned into something complicated. Though I can't say I'm to blame. I blame the manufacturers who say their product is one size, but in reality it is 2 inches longer. But we finished them up last night and I'm excited to see them hanging in the room. I think they turned out really cute. It was a fun project and it was even more fun to see how little Tanya knew about sewing. For instance, I asked her to set the sewing machine on the table and she picked up the peddle and said what's this? do we need it? He, he makes laugh. (sorry, Tanya). But she did a great job and even did some of the sewing and most of the ironing.
Here's a funny story about Jack from yesterday. Brace yourself it's a disgusting poop story, so feel free to skip this part if that sort of things doesn't interest you :-) As I mentioned, Jack has been a little off lately. Yesterday he was particulary off, just seemed cranky and uncomfortable all day long. During the morning sometime while he was playing I heard from across the room a liquid explosion. It sounded like a newborn when they really fill their pants. Super load and squirty. I knew we were in trouble, especially when the stench quickly made its way across the room. I quickly grabbed a diaper and wipes but in no time the horrendous mess was oozing out his diaper, up the back, out both sides, it was even creeping around his waist. Disgusting!!!! Later in the day we were at Hobby Lobby when of course I heard the same liquidy explosion go off in Jack's diaper. Naturally I had brought no diapers or wipes with me, so we went to check out. All the while this stench followed us. It could bring tears to your eyes and make you cover your nose instinctively. I felt so bad for all the people he kept walking around at the checkout counter. I could tell everyone could smell him, so I just kept apologizing. Those poor people.  Thankfully we made it home without oozing all over and after that Jack did seem a bit better. Hopefully we have no more incidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com