Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Jack!

Jack is 3. How did that happen? As I was driving to Monkey Joe's today I realized that Jack has been a part of our family longer than he has not (I'm not counting dating and engaged time here, just married). It hardly seems like he could be turning 3. How do days that often seem to pass so slow quickly add up to years that seem to pass so fast?
We love this little boy so much. He is sweet and funny and full of life. We celebrated his birthday with a trip to Monkey Joe's. Paul took a couple of hours off work around lunchtime and I left Schaeffer and Logan at home with my cousin Lexi. So it was just the three of us for some jumping and sliding fun. We hadn't been to MJ's since before we moved and we had greatly missed it, so when I heard that one was opening in Peoria I was thrilled to tell Jack the good news. Jack had a blast. He opened a few presents and played a little ski ball. Then he got in one jumper and never wanted to leave. He was so excited that he could finally climb up the slides by himself, he had always been to short before. For a good hour he jumped and climbed and slid in the same jumper and had a great time. Finally when I said it was time to go home he said he wanted to try a different slide,  of course. Since it was his birthday I let him do the really big slide a few times. He said it was scary but kept going back for more with a big smile on his face. 
Birthday Streamers
Birthday Bath in His New Bathtub
Birthday at Monkey Joe's






Anytime Jack was asked how old he was today he would say "2 weeks". I guess that countdown we started 2 weeks ago made an impact...perhaps just not in the expected way. And he sang Happy Birthday to himself many times today. So funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com