Monday, July 26, 2010

Lesson Learned

Well this morning the twins and I had quite an adventure together. Logan needed to go back to the hospital for another bilirubin test. Hopefully his last one. Paul and I planned out the day with him taking Jack to Monkey Joe's and me taking the twins to the hospital. This would be my first trip out with the two boys by myself. I got all the way to the hospital and pulled up to the valet parking. I opened the back of my van and to my surprise there was no stroller. Hmmm....the valet man was just looking at me waiting while I stared at my empty van and wondered what to do. Both boys were hungry and on the verge or break downs. I technically cannot carry the two boys together since they weigh more than 10 pounds together and I for sure couldn't lug two car seats around the hospital without a stroller. So I just told the guy I had no stroller and had to go home. Hopped in my van and drove off. The hospital is about a 15-20 minute drive and all three of us needed something to eat so I went through the McDonald's drive through and parked in the lot. Fed both boys a bottle while I drank my yummy mocha frappe. Then we were on our way home to get that stroller, turn around and head back to the hospital. Thankfully the rest of what had become nearly a 2 hour trip was uneventful. But I definitely learned my lesson...always make sure I have the stroller with me!

1 comment:

  1. haha, fun day!...on the other hand, you have updated your blog title to reflect your new family of five and have added the twins' growth chart. I'd say you are pretty on the ball!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com