Thursday, June 3, 2010

Babies Update

I'll do my best to explain how our ultrasound and doctors appointment went today. Overall they were good. But as I suspected the babies have found themselves new positions. Not the positions I expected, but then again I don't think most twins situate themselves the way ours have. Baby A is head down, quite low. This explains some of the pressure I've been feeling and the movement I feel real low. His head is sorta in my middle, a smidge to the left and then his body curves around to my right side...way to my right side. Baby A is on top. Then Baby B crosses below Baby A. B's head is not really up and not really down, but it is near my right hip. Then his body is quite flexible and he curves under A with his butt/legs on my left side. It's confusing. I could hardly tell what was going on in the ultrasound. The tech could hardly get any measurements of Baby B due to his awkward position. But based on what we did get A measured 4 pounds 4 ounces and B measured 3 pounds 8 ounces. I'd say these are very rough estimates of their sizes. All this probably helps explain the picture from last week and why I looked so different from the previous picture. All this probably also means that we will be having a c-section, though this is not set in stone yet. We'll be having another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if we can get some better measurements and perhaps they'll straighten themselves out by then. Who really knows. Other than their positions, everything is still looking really good. So praise the Lord for that. I now will be having doctor's appointments every week along with an NST (non-stress test) every week. Dr. Ankrah chuckled today after checking me and said watch me be one of those twin pregnancies that goes full term. That's what my mom and sister have been saying all along. I guess only time will tell.

Oh yeah. And when they say you shouldn't lay flat on your back when you're fairly far into pregnancy, they mean it! I was laying on my back (not quite flat) for my ultrasound and almost passed out this morning. I got feeling really sick and thought I was going to pass out. Paul asked if I was ok and I said no, so the tech told me to roll on my left side. Sure enough I felt better pretty quickly. So it's true, the baby(ies) really can smash whatever it is that delivers blood to all the necessary places, like your head.

1 comment:

  1. Yay not breech! Hey look, I'm reading your blog! Thought it would be better than calling at 11pm. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com