Monday, April 26, 2010

Why?

I think perhaps we have hit another rite of passage in childhood, or toddlerhood. Somewhere along the line Jack picked up on that oh so popular, oh so annoying question...why? He started on Saturday at lunch. Just started asking me why for everything. "Why can't I play right now? We're eating lunch. Why are we eating lunch? Because it's lunch time and we were hungry." On and on. And this has continued since then. Paul is in shock that he's asking this already as his understanding level is not at the place where he could really understand most explanations. I think it's kinda funny, a smidge cute and a little annoying. Not sure how long this lasts or how you keep from answering why all day long. Most of the time I want to just say because I said so.
Along the same lines as "why". I have a question of my own. Why is it that Jack has been up since 6 coughing nonstop? Why is it that church nursery seems so lethal to my son's health? Seriously people, don't take sick kids to the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com