Friday, April 9, 2010

Update on the Babies

Another appointment today and it was a long one. I spent probably 45 min in ultrasound, but it's so fun to see how they are growing and pretend like I know what I'm looking at on the screen when really I have no idea. Both babies are looking good. In fact I was so excited to find out that they are both head down! Got themselves straightened out after the last time. Both Dr. Ankrah and I were very glad about that. There is still time and room for them to switch back, that's not out of the question, but we are hoping that as they gain weight their heavy little heads will keep them in the right position. They measured slightly differently but not enough to be concerned about. I don't remember the weights they told me but somewhere around 1 pound 5 ounces give or take an ounce or two. Baby B, as usual, was difficult to get good pictures of. He is facing my spine which makes it hard to see his little profile or face. We tried to do 3D for fun to get a cute picture, but they didn't cooperate. I did however get to see one image of both their little butts which was funny. and another image of Baby A's feet in Baby B's tummy. I also got to see the tops of both their heads right next to each other. or at least what seemed to be right next to each other. it's very confusing with all those babies in there. No real cute pictures to share though, perhaps next time.
As for the actual doctor appointment. My blood pressure was up again, but it was down later when they took it. Dr. Ankrah asked if i was taking it easy...I told her sure but probably not according to her book. I'm trying though, it's just not in my nature. She measured my belly and said I measured 38 or 39 weeks. Which is pretty funny. Not sure what they say in a few weeks when I measure more than 40 weeks. Maybe they just go with "big". I think that's really all. I go back in two weeks. I'll do my glucose test then, hopefully I don't fail like I did with Jack. Perhaps I'll avoid the sweets and pastas, which I didn't do last time.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys...twins sound exciting, and all boys...wow

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com