Saturday, April 24, 2010

Daddy's Home!


What an exciting afternoon we've had. Paul came home from his three week trip today! We couldn't be happier to have him back and he couldn't be happier to be back. He got home while Jack was still napping and got to surprise Jack when he woke up. It was so cute to watch Jack as his long lost daddy walked into the room. The look on Jack's face was one of utter shock and surprise, mixed with a little bit of confusion. I think mainly due to just having woke up. He just stared at Paul for what seemed like the longest time, like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Was his daddy really home? He went straight into Paul's arms and laughed and smiled and hugged and kissed. It was so fun to watch their reunion. The rest of the day was centered around Daddy. We went out for Dairy Queen and Daddy and Jack played and played and played. They ran laps and played hide and seek and wrestled and played ball. Jack's best friend was home and he couldn't get enough of him. I love how much they love each other. Now Jack's in bed and Paul and I are settling in for a nice relaxing evening. Hoping our blind pick of a movie turns out good. I figured if we watched a movie we could relax and I wouldn't be so tempted to run off with my mouth about all the things I've been thinking about for three weeks. Mostly all the things that need to get done or be decided. I tend to overwhelm Paul with my built up thoughts after he's been gone, so I'm trying to let them out slowly instead of all at once. We've both been working hard these three weeks and we are both exhausted, just for different reasons.

1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com