Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Everything Is Not Yours

I think if i hear the word "mine" one more time I might pull my hair out. Jack is definitely into the mine stage. Anything he's playing with he thinks is his and only his regardless of where we are or who the toy actually belongs to. He yells at other kids when they try to play with him and pulls the toy close so no one can take it from him. I know this is not uncommon but how do you handle this behavior? Comments welcome!
P.S. Apparently this is my reverse advice column. Instead of you writing me about your problems and asking for advice I write to all of you about mine and hope you can help.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of patience, gentle correction, praise when he does share. He will grow out of it. We liked reading books about sharing and talking about it when we weren't in the moment. Thrivent at one time had a free resource called "Share and Take Turns" that we read quite often. Now that Hailey has some understanding about sharing, she knows that if she doesn't share with friends, that no one gets to play with the toy. But Jack is still too young for that. He'll be a pro in no time, especially with his siblings on the way.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com