Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home Again

The vacation I had so looked forward to is now history. Makes me a little sad. I do love vacation. It was a wonderful break from the everyday, a great time spent with friends and a lovely getaway with Paul. It's very nice to get a chance to step away and enjoy one another's company without being concerned about the laundry getting done or the dishes getting washed or who's turn it should be to change a diaper or break up a fight or put Jack back to bed. It was nice to just be friends, husband and wife and set down the parent title for a few days. Just ask Tanya, I'm not the type to be thinking of my kids every moment I'm not with them. I'm not the type to call home to check on them or think about how much I miss them. I knew they were in good hands and if I was needed, I would be contacted. Other than that I needn't worry, I just needed to relax and enjoy myself and my company. And that's exactly what I did. The setting was beautifully rustic though the hills and winding roads did a number on my head with every car ride until I could get my hands on some Dramamine. We spent lots of time reading by the pool, relaxing in the extremely lazy river, playing cards on the balcony and even had an occasional nap. We went up to Branson a few times and saw a total of three shows. One was fabulous, one was ok and one I could have left at intermission. We tried out a new thing called paddle boarding which is incredibly easy but I thought, lots of fun. We played mini golf and some terrible shuffleboard. One game was so bad we decided to change the rules and play until the first team reached 0 points again. We ate delicious food and went on a beautiful tour of a big park filled with creeks and waterfalls and caves. We had a really wonderful time. But now we are back home. Home to our kids who missed us and who were happy to see us. Kids who learned new skills like blowing kisses and standing by themselves. We are glad to be home but so thankful we had a chance to get away.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com