Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stinky Boy

With small children around there are bound to be numerous poop stories. And despite the disgustingness of poop the stories always make me laugh. Yesterday we had our worst poop incident ever. Sunday night we were putting the twins down for bed. I changed Logan's diaper but Schaeffer's had been changed recently and still seemed practically dry. So we left him. Paul claims that had we changed him none of this would have ever happened. He's probably right. Throughout the night Schaeffer was coughing quite a bit and I know he was just lying there awake for a while because I watched him on the monitor for quite some time. Sometime in the middle of the night the coughing was bothering me and I turned the volume off on the monitor. Around 7:30 in the morning Schaeffer started screaming. This is unusual for the twins. They typically hang out in their cribs until 8 with hardly a peep, even though I know they wake up around 7:30 or earlier. So I drug myself out of bed, threw my contacts in and went to get him and figure out what was wrong. The instant I walked in the room, I knew someone had pooped. Stinky! I walked up to Schaeffer's crib and was shocked and disturbed to see it covered in poop. Not just a little and not just in one spot. It was everywhere, his sheets, his crib, his face, hands, legs, feet. And he was angry. I also quickly noticed the clean diaper laying in the corner of the crib and my naked baby. Hmmm....somehow he wiggled out of the diaper. The tabs were still attached to the diaper. He hadn't undone them. But he had gotten out. Gross. Disgusting. Stinky. Mess. I instantly called for Paul to come help quick. Thank goodness he hadn't gone to work yet and wasn't even dressed in work clothes yet. Paul stripped off Schaeffer's t-shirt (perhaps a onesie would have also prevented this) while I cleared the tub of toys and got a bath started. Schaeffer was so angry, screaming the whole time. Poor guy was not thrilled with this situation. Can't blame him. I scrubbed and scrubbed Schaeffer while the other boys looked on and Paul stripped the bed. Thankfully, all of the poop smeared bedding came clean in the wash. And surprisingly I didn't smell poop all day long. I wish we would have taken a picture. And had Schaeffer not been so terribly upset we probably would have. Somehow, though we were both disgusted, I think we also both saw the funny side and had a chuckle about it all. That is, once Schaeffer finally calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com