Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thing 1 and Thing 2

We had a party. And we had it for you. We had a party for Thing 1 and Thing 2. 

We had a lot of cake. Saddest story of the day was when the hat fell over 15 minutes before party time. Surprisingly, I didn't shed a tear over the destruction of all my hard work from the night before. Had there not been so many people there telling me it didn't matter, I probably would have had a good long cry about it. Odds are they were lying just to avoid that situation, but I went with it. I'm still a little curious how it managed to hold up over 18 hours, only to collapse as the first guests arrived and as I piped the final letter of 'birthday' onto the platter. Of course there are no pictures of it in all it's 5 tiered glory. I held it up with my hand for a while, willing the cake to stop crumbling beneath the weight. Then we used a bowl to hold it up for a while. Eventually, it slid too much and we had to modify the cake to a three tiered hat. Thankfully, that really looked not too bad. 

The boys really wanted to dive into the big cake. Logan got a few licks in while we were trying to take pictures.

We had a lot of people. And that made it a lot of fun.
 
We had a lot of gifts which has made for a very fun week. Thanks for your generosity.

There was a lot of swimming and bouncing and swinging. I loved seeing all the kids having such a great time.


And of course there was more cake. 

Me and my babies.


The end. As you already know, it was a great party. I spent a lot of time preparing and planning. I spent hours making decorations, baking and decorating cakes and getting everything ready. And I wasn't the only one, we had lots of help (thank you!). But what made it such a wonderful party was the people. The family and friends who spent their evening celebrating with us. I couldn't have asked for a better 1st Birthday Party.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Thing 1 and Thing 2 cutout. Did you make that?! That pictures is so adorable with their little heads poking through. You are incredibly creating, and I think this party officially makes you Mother of the Year! I have no idea how you did it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com