Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Monday Pictures-Week 52

I'm signing off. Monday Pictures are officially done. We made it a whole year and as you can see from these pictures, a lot has changed from their first Monday Picture to their last. In fact I'm sure this past year will go down in our family history as one of the most life changing. One thing has not changed though, I think I still feel shocked that we have twins. How long with that take to sink in? Perhaps that's because I don't often think of my boys as twins. I think of them as "the brothers", "the boys", and as Schaeffer and Logan. The fact that they're twins in nearly an afterthought. They are so unique and distinct from one another. The only thing that is a constant reminder that we have twins is the obvious-there are two children of the same age in my family. And I guess that's the hard part. I learned a lot this past year about what I am capable of. Mostly how many things I really can do with one or two babies in my arms. Just this past week I learned that I have an important skill of being able to buckle and unbuckle a baby in a car seat while holding another baby. The first time I needed to do that I had no idea if it was possible. But I taught myself and now it's the norm. Just like so many things I had wondered in the beginning. Could I rock two babies to sleep by myself? Could I nurse two babies at the same time? How do I comfort two sick babies or two crying babies? Can I spoon feed two kids at once? Can I leave the house? Can I go to the grocery store? Can I meet all the needs of three children?  Can I keep my cool when three children are screaming, all for different reasons? I learned that with the help of others and strength and grace from the Lord, that I could do all of these things and more. (I however, never did figure out how to bottle feed two babies at once!) Of course, this coming year holds many questions for me. Mostly I wonder if I can successfully discipline three children at the same time. Today that is my great concern, that and why they won't take their first steps. I'm told by everyone that it's OK, I just wish the irrational, emotional side of me would agree!

I hope you enjoyed our Monday Pictures. I might not pick the camera up next Monday, but I won't stop putting their pictures up. Now I have to turn this all into a Shutterfly book for each of them! That should keep me busy for a while.






1 comment:

  1. What a sweet picture of the two of them on their last Monday picture!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com