Thursday, February 11, 2010

sNOw Fun

Yesterday I tried really hard to be a fun mom and take Jack outside to play in the snow. As is often the case the effort it takes to get ready to play in the snow is not always worth the end result. Jack is always asking if he can walk in the snow so I sorta thought he might enjoy this. However, as I was  putting on his snow pants he kept saying "all done, all done". I managed to get him dressed and I even managed to get him to put his mittens on. So we went outside and I got out his sled since they hadn't finished plowing our streets yet. I sat him in it, while he was saying "all done, all done". I pulled him around on the snowy street, which in the past he has really enjoyed but all the while he kept repeating "all done, all done". So we quite that and tried to find a more enjoyable activity. He did enjoy shoveling for a while but only if I would take his mittens off. I can't say I blame him, he can't hold on to his shovel with mittens on. I actually think the mittens are one of the main problems with having fun in the snow, but how do you fix that? Snow is cold, you need mittens. While he shoveled and did a great job of recovering the freshly shoveled sidewalk, I tried to make him a snow slide in our yard since we have some big piles. But this snow is super fluffy, not great for packing at all. I did my best and am hoping perhaps in the coming days it'll firm up a bit and be fun to play on. While I was working on the stairs to the sled Jack lost his balance and fell...well without mittens on his hands got very cold and he got very upset so we officially called it quits and headed back inside. I think in Jack's ideal world he would wear his boots, jeans, winter coat, and hat to go run around in the snow. Mittens not required. Snow not cold to the touch. Wouldn't it be nice?


I think I've forgotten to mention something on here that's pretty cool. Probably for the last week and a half I've been feeling the little babies fluttering around. It's not real frequent yet and it's not real strong yet, but I'm pretty sure that every once in a while I feel the faint flutter of life within me. It's pretty exciting.


Lastly, an update on my grandma. Tuesday she had surgery and the doctors ended up taking out the new hip that had just put in weeks ago and putting in a spacer. My cousin said something about there being a lot of dead tissue. So anyway, due to other health concerns she will have no more surgeries which means that she will be in a wheelchair, though there might be some hope of being able to use a walker at some point. So she has a lot on her plate right now. She still has to beat this infection, and she has to adjust to this news about the wheelchair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com