Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Not A Whole Lot New

But I'm sure I'll think of stuff as I'm writing. Just a general life update. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday to check on my every rising blood pressure. Thankfully that checked out low enough to keep the doctor happy and keep me off medication. While we were there the doctor also did a quick listen of the heartbeats. This attempt went much better than the last one. Even my untrained ear could hear the two distinct and very clear heartbeats. Very cool. 


Paul and I have been working very hard on what I call Operation Make Room for the Twins. Our Goodwill pile is steadily growing and the stuff we are keeping is getting organized nicely. Our desk is all moved and the broken computer is now fixed thanks to my diligent husband. Last night Paul went and picked up a dresser off craigslist for Jack's new room. Nicole actually found it for us after I mentioned how most dressers on craigslist are ugly or really expensive. It was an excellent find for a beautiful price. I'm very excited about how much money we saved verse had we bought a brand new dresser. 


Today Tanya, Chanda and I (plus 5 kids) went to Denny's to take them up on their free Grand Slam meal. Despite a long wait, it was yummy and fun to eat for free. I think tomorrow Jack and I will have to go play outside in all this new snow, unless it's too cold. 


There's not much new to report in Jack's world. He's coping with the mess in the house, which really hinders his play space. His vocabulary is expanding rapidly and with it so is his gibberish.


In other news, I found out today that my grandma who recently had a hip replaced now has a MERSA infection and is back in the hospital. If you think of it, please pray for her right now. Her health is very much in jeopardy as the required surgery is very risky due to other health issues, not to mention the very dangerous infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com