Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Festival

Another P-Fest has come and gone. It's always such a whirlwind of activity and excitement and fun. Jack is old enough to remember previous years and the anticipation he had was a lot of fun. He was quite eager for the festival to start and his excitement spread to his brothers. We made it to the fest every night, which I'm thinking is overkill, but the kids love, so hmmm. We did the opening ceremony with the balloon release and the kids did really well with my 5 ride per night limit.  Of course the first ride Jack picks is the Octopus. I think he's crazy but he insists and the carnie says he can ride with me. Jack was excited as we climbed into our seat and before I could utter a word about how we don't need a crazy spin before the ride start, the carnie whips us around and we spin into oblivion. I felt sick before we ever moved. Then the ride started. It was aweful! I used to like this ride. I don't ever remember fearing for my life on this ride. Darn you old age. We spun wildly around for what seemed like forever. I had my feet braced to the floor, my right hand grasping the handle with all my strength and the left arm wrapped around Jack as tight as possible. I was sure we were both going to fly out of our seats. I was honestly scared. Unfortunately, Jack was scared too and almost instantly started asking when the ride would be done and telling me he was scared. I know he get's motion sick like me so I told him to just stare at his knees, I had a nice little rip on the seat I was staring at. He seemed so scared and upset I started telling him to talk to Jesus. He didn't know what to say to he just asked for the ride to be over. Poor kid. Finally it stopped and we climbed off and I hugged him. He was such a champ. He didn't cry or get worked up he just stated how scared he felt and that he didn't like that ride and we moved on. Of course I felt sick the rest of the night and four rides later while we were standing in line for food Jack got really pale and puked. Then he was fine. He would still tell you he had fun though. 

Balloon Release.

Probably the favorite ride since all the kids can do it.

We drove the cars a lot.

My cousin Lexi (and Terri and Gage) has a booth at the craft fair. She knows how to turn Alpaca fur? into yarn. Jack was giving her a hand with the spinning wheel.   

We enjoyed the pancake breakfast as we usually do. Logan hardly ate anything, but once he discovered the butter he was all set. In all he licked up three containers of butter and enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com