Friday, February 25, 2011

Preschool Here We Come!

I registered Jack for preschool this morning. Apparently, it's a big deal. Registration started at 7 and I got there at about 6:35. I was number 30. The guy who was there first said he got there at 5! And he said that by around 5:30 there were six of them waiting. Thankfully, my "lateness" did not keep us from getting in. I was sorta hoping for the Mon/Wed class but that was full by the time my number was called so we got into the Tues/Thurs class. I wonder if anyone that wanted in didn't get in because they showed up at 7. Anyway, I'm excited and nervous about preschool. Thankfully it doesn't start until September so we have some time to prepare, but also that means more time for worrying. What if Jack isn't sufficiently potty trained by then? What if he can't pull down and pull up his own pants and undies? What if he can but he refuses? What if he's the troublemaker? What if he throws tantrums? What if all the other kids know their letters and he doesn't? What if in the middle of a lesson my son roars like a scary dinosaur?So you see where my mind is, worrying about all sorts of things that I don't need to worry about. But I'm also very excited. I really think he will enjoy it (hopefully right away).

3 comments:

  1. Exciting! He will do great, even if he does roar like a dinosaur. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming my daughter will do all those things but i assume all the other kids in the class will too :) Little Jack is growing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, Jack will do just fine in preschool! Working in an elementary school- I see Kindergartners come in who don't know their letters, who have potty accidents, who throw tantrums, and who do more than roar like a dinosaur! haha! They all start with different skills. Jack will learn so much in preschool... even figuring out when it's okay and not okay to roar! :) Relax and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com