Thursday, February 10, 2011

Friendship

Moving always brings with it the challenge of meeting new people and making new friends. The things I miss most about living in Palatine are the friendships I had. In fact friendships are the things I miss most about every place I've lived and left. I'm sure that is true for most people. I've been recently blessed to meet a new friend. Talk about God's great timing. Brittany and Shane recently moved to Morton (July/Augustish), they have a 2 1/2 year old son and twin 7 month olds. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever met someone in such a similar life situation as me. During this time of our lives with the chaos of toddlerhood and twin babyhood Brittany has become a good friend who understands the ups and downs of my daily life. We've started trying to get together with another friend every other week, much more is difficult with so many young children. But between that and our quick chats at church it's so nice to be making a new mommy friend. 

Today we ventured out in the cold to enjoy a play date with the Drury's. Silas and Jack played well together. They love playing chase/running circles around the house and we love that they're burning off energy. While the older boys ran and the four babies ate and played Brittany and I got to have adult conversation. It was lovely. Turns out we both use one spoon to feed babies and don't care if one baby eats the food that just got swiped off the chin of the other baby. I know, it's gross but it was so wonderful to know that we both did it.

Jack and Silas giving high fives.

Building a tower in the back of the CAT dump truck. Jack's favorite toy, no surprise there.

The 4 babies. Simeon & Lieren (almost 8 months) and Schaeffer and Logan (almost 7 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com