Monday, August 9, 2010

My Ambitious Day

Today was my first day at home all day with no help. Admittedly, I was a bit nervous about how I would handle three kids and feedings and keeping up with Jack. But surprisingly, the day went quite smoothly. Jack spent a lot of time watching Thomas, so I wouldn't say it was the most enriching day of his life (not even close). But I figure we can work on the enriching stuff once I've mastered tandem feeding with no help. We actually went out for a bit today. If you know me, you know I like to get out. Staying home all day is challenging for me. So I decided to try taking the three kids to Carter's with me to return a few things and check out their great sale. The outing went really well. There were no screaming kids, no lost children, I didn't feel like pulling my hair out and thankfully no one got hungry while we were out (because seriously how do you nurse two babies in public?). That's not to say the outing wasn't without some excitement. Carter's has a lego table in the back which is really nice for the kids to play with while the mom's do the shopping. I sent Jack back there to play with two other boys. The other boys were having a hard time sharing with Jack and kept taking blocks from him. So they got in trouble with their mom and had quite the break down. Then in what seems like a very short amount of time I turned to check on Jack and saw nearly every lego on the floor covering a large portion of the store. And Jack was the only kid around. I thought we were going to have our break down here, but thankfully once I checked out he did a great job helping me clean up the blocks he'd thrown everywhere. And Jack was even a gentleman and opened the door up for me to push the stroller through on our way out. As a bonus...at least for Jack...there were several tractors tearing up with parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com