Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 2

Today has thus far been a bit more stressful than yesterday. Probably because my idea of what should happen today did not fit Logan and Schaeffer's idea. We had plans to visit my old office one last time before our move to say hi and goodbye to my former co-workers. I figured I'd feed the twins this morning then put them in their car seats to fall asleep so they'd be ready to go when I was. That seemed to be working until they both refused to fall asleep and instead fussed at me for an hour while I tried to get ready to leave. By the time we left the house all three kids were crying or whining and I was losing my mind. But I forged ahead praying the twins would fall asleep in the car. Schaeffer did, Logan proceeded to scream the entire drive until the last two minutes when he finally drifted off. Thankfully, Jack was a happy camper in the car and by the time we unloaded I had regained my composer as well. Our visit was really well. I really enjoy my past co-workers and will be sad that our visits there have pretty much come to an end. Hopefully we'll be able to sneak a few in on some of our anticipated return trips. 
Now we are home again and I'm trying to get a few things done, but of course Logan didn't fall asleep on the ride home and he is fussy again. Schaeffer...well he's asleep. This seems to be the more common pattern. So I dug into the depths of my creativity to figure out how to get Logan asleep while still being able to accomplish a few things during these precious moments of afternoon nap time. Turns out, the car seat fits quite nicely in the glider. And there Logan sits asleep at last after I rocked him in his car seat, in the glider. I am sure I will use this trick again. And now while I should be resting myself...I realized that by 2 o'clock I should have eaten lunch but have not. So I'm enjoying a taco salad while I blog and figure by now if I close my eyes, it will somehow just signal someone else to open theirs.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Nate! You're a trooper and an amazing mommy! Excited you guys are moving back!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com