Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Since Then

Wow. I want to thank everyone who has read my blog this week, seen our exciting news and offered up their words of encouragement and excitement for our family. We are blessed to have so many friends. I want to give you all little bit of an update about how we're doing since I first wrote those posts in November and December. Things have definitely settled down for us. Paul and I are both warming up to the idea of twins and have become much more excited then we were that first day. I think we both still have things that we are nervous about but we are trusting God and not allowing those things to overwhelm us. I think my biggest concern, which I can't do much about, it the health of the babies and myself during the coming months. I'm praying for no bed rest and that we don't deliver until at the earliest the beginning of July. But as I said, I can't do much about these things except pray and take care of myself in the ways I can and worrying only increases my stress and thus my blood pressure which makes bed rest more likely....so I'm not worrying. My mom said she would for me since she's on blood pressure medicine. Thanks, Mom! I think Paul is most concerned about the logistics of things, making room in our home and in our cars and providing for a family of five. But I have confidence in him and I know with him as the head of our household we will be fine. 
Outside of all that I am very much looking forward to getting past this "I just feel fat" stage and moving into the cuter, more desirable baby bump stage. And I'm very excited for the day I start feeling the babies move. This was one of my favorite things with Jack and I'm very interested what it will be like with two! Our latest ultrasound went very well and we are planning on taking photos of me to see me grow. Should be interesting. I'll leave you with this. Our first ultrasound (around 6 or 7 weeks), the image that will quite possibly be engraved in my memory forever.


3 comments:

  1. So awesome. Glad to hear things are settling down and the excitement is coming on.

    Do you know if they're identical or fraternal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boy! Definitely looks different than Jack's ultrasound!!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com