Monday, April 2, 2012

We Have a 4 Year Old!

We have had such a great time celebrating Jack the last several days. He turned 4 last Wednesday and we had his birthday party on Saturday. Jack was really excited for his birthday this year, though perhaps still a bit confused on what a birthday really is. At the beginning of the month when we talked about all the family birthdays we would celebrate this month (6) he kept asking if the birthday person's gender would change. For instance, I would say "Jack, Mommy's birthday is on Tuesday. I'll be 29 years old." and Jack would respond with, "and then you will be a boy?". Ummm....no it doesn't work that way buddy. He also somehow got birthday's connected with names. On his birthday when I would ask him how old he was he would count his four fingers and say, "I'm 4, but I'm still a J". I tried to explain to him what a birthday really is, but for some reason he has birthday's affecting gender and potentially first initial. Very bizarre.

I got out of bed early on Jack's birthday so I could see him blast through his door decorations. Instead he just crawled under. Later in the morning we went upstairs to play and I explained that he was supposed to rip through the paper. He didn't want to tear the pictures that we had drawn but I assured him it was fine and he ended up having a blast. Perhaps next year he'll remember this and blast through his door.



What kid wouldn't want their very own box of Lucky Charms? He loved his special cereal and plowed through the box in a few short days. 

To help make his actual birthday a little more special and interesting, we invited a bunch of friends to the park. 



The kids loved the water bottle volcano and we made eruptions until I ran out of baking soda. 

Finally, Daddy got home and we finished dinner and it was time to open the rest of his presents. Jack waited very patiently for this moment.  
Geotrax Grand Central Station

Bike

Trying out his new wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com