Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Boys


This picture makes me happy. Despite being hit with this nasty bug we can't get rid of even with multiple rounds of antibiotics, my boys are hanging tough and making me smile. Over the last month or so Schaeffer and Logan's personalities have really started to come through. What's kind of funny, is I think they are opposite of what I used to think they would be. Schaeffer is our funny man. He thinks he is hysterical and he is. His facial expressions are a riot and he has this very mischievous way of cutting his eyes at you, especially if he's doing something he maybe shouldn't be. Right now he says bye bye to everyone whether they are coming, going or staying. He also blows a lot of kisses. No one is exempt from his infectious delight at telling people bye bye and blowing kisses in their direction. He always does it with a huge grin on his face. He reminds me a lot of Jack. Paul and I both remember when Jack went through a phase like this. So while Schaeffer is making people laugh and full of laughter himself, Logan seems like he might be my sensitive child. Not so much that he isn't tough, but he's a hugger and a kisser and a sweet boy. He loves babies right now. The other week he was just the cutest with his cousin Hayden. She was in a bouncy seat at our house and he went over to her and signed "baby". Then I said he could give her a hug and kiss and he leaned over, so gently and hugged her head and gave her a kiss. Then I put him on my lap and put Hayden in his lap so we were all stacked together. He just sat so nice and quiet with his arm around her and his head rested on hers. We just sat there and he loved it and gave her more hugs and more kisses. Then this weekend he saw cousin Mari in her car seat and he signed "baby" and leaned over to give her hugs and kisses. And then there's Jack. What I think I've realized about Jack lately is just what a friend he is...to everyone. I'm not sure there is a soul he's met that he hasn't considered his friend. He has a long way to go in understanding that being a friend is more than just a declaration, but perhaps it's a sign that he's just as friendly as his dad and as social as his mom. These boys are stealing my heart more and more each day which is hard to do when they already stole it 18 months and nearly 4 years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com