Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Program

Jack had his first preschool program on Tuesday morning. I'd been eagerly anticipating this for the past week, so much so you might have thought it was my program! Since school started Jack has taken to randomly bursting out into song. It's incredibly cute and I love that he is learning. So I had heard bits and pieces of the songs I knew we would be hearing on Tuesday, and I was excited to see Jack singing them with his classmates. Of course, one can never be sure how their offspring will behave when placed in front of a large group of people to perform. Driving to school Tuesday morning I was quite anxious. Once again I felt as though I were on my way to my own performance. Once we got to the gym and found seats, my nerves subsided and I was just really excited to see Jack in this new element. As the classes started filing in I spotted Jack quickly and noticed him taking in the scene and trying to spot us in the crowd. Finally, he saw us and grinned and waved excitedly. Just about the first thing I noticed was how short he was compared to, not just his class, but the entire preschool student body. I'm not certain, but I think he might have been the smallest kid there. But he doesn't realize he's small, he frequently talks about how he is getting bigger and bigger. The program began and I think I had a giant grin on my face the whole time. Jack did such a wonderful job. He stood where he was supposed to and didn't act up. He did his best to sing all the songs and he tried to do most of the actions. I was so proud of my little big guy. Besides Jack, my favorite kid was one of his classmates who stood stone faced with his hands never leaving his side during the entire thing. His mom was sitting in front of me and we just kept chuckling at him. The only time he would move or open his mouth was to whisper to his mom if he could come sit with her. Kids are funny. Jack had a great time and I think was super excited about the program, but also that his daddy, Grandma Vest and Papa Friend all came to see him (plus of course myself and his brothers). The rest of the day he talked about being a farmer (they all dressed up as farmers). He slept in his farmer clothes, boots and all at nap time and in the evening he requested to sleep in his farmer clothes. I told him that farmers sleep in white t-shirts and fleece camo pants because Paul had already changed him into that for bed. After a moment of thought he bought into that idea and was satisfied with his farmer sleeping clothes, thank goodness!

These are all the kids in his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com